SENATOR OSENI’S TWO YEARS IN OFFICE: A PERFORMANCE BEYOND EXPECTATIONS
By James Mohammed
Thousands of achievements is the hallmark of the administration of the senator representing the people of kogi central senatorial districts, Senator Yakubu Oseni.
This, does not come to us as a surprise, because the senator has once tested and confirmed ‘leadership know how’ when he was the kogi state chairman of internal revenue.
Senator Oseni tenure in office as a Revenue chairman brought about midas touch in the system. Tax paying system was regiged. Above all, tax implementation becomes a reality and hence the first Legacy Project of His Excellency Governor Yahaya Bello was the monumental edifice of the Revenue House situated in the state capital Lokoja.
Senator Alh. Oseni does not just act to the hypes and admiration of His principal, Governor Bello but to all and sundry, the All Progressive Congress and above all, the people of kogi central.
However, no doubt this his laudable representation, commitment and input won him aplaud that he enjoys today.
The above elucidation leads us to knowing who is really this man, for just two years as a Senator.
Let’s look at some highlights of his achievements at the Red Chamber in the last two years.
*Creation of e-learning centres across Kogi central:* These centres were fully equipped with 40 sets of computers, Industrial printers, 4.5 KVA key starter generators, Complete sets of giant solar power system, two industrial fans and two split air-conditioners in each of the following schools:
1. Government Secondary School, Ebiya, Ajaokuta LGA
2. Community Secondary School, Kuroko, Adavi LGA
3. Community Science Secondary School, Okehi LGA
4. Government Girls Day Secondary School, Otutu, Okene LGA
5. Community Comprehensive School, Ogori, Ogori-Magongo LGA
*Blocks of classrooms were also constructed across Kogi Central. These include:*
1. Construction of A Block of 2 classrooms at Community Secondary School Kuroko, Adavi LGA.
2. Construction of A block of 2 classrooms at Government Science Secondary School, Adogo, Ajaokuta
3. Construction of A block of two classrooms at LGEA Primary School, Upogoro… Okene LGA
*In order to aid the state government massive road construction in the senatorial area, the senator is able to construct and rehabilitate:*
1. Karaworo Community Road
2. Off Agassa Upogoro road to Government Secondary School Anyava
1. Construction of two set of public toilets and bathroom for both male and female at Enyidudu Community in Adavi LGA
2. Construction of ICT hub for both school and community use at Community Science College Ogaminana, also in Adavi LGA
3. Construction of Type A Skill Acquisition Centre with four studio halls, Admin and other offices with toilet facilities at Ministry of Work in Okene LGA
4. Construction of Type A Skill Acquisition Centre with four studio halls, Admin and other offices with toilet facilities Opposite Adavi local government Secretariat, Ogaminana
5. Construction of Type A Skill Acquisition Centre with four studio halls, Admin and other offices with toilet facilities at Okehi LGA Secretariat, Obangede, Okehi LGA
6. Type A Skill Acquisition Centre under construction in Ajaokuta local government.
7. Type A Skill Acquisition Centre under construction in Ogori/Magongo local government.
Bill establishing Steel University Ajaokuta. This has been passed by the 9th senate, waiting for presidential assent to kickstart.
*Bill establishing Institute of Computer Forensic of Nigeria.* This bill has scaled through the second reading
*Bill establishing Solid Minerals Development Bank and Solid Minerals Producing Areas Development Agency*
This bill has also scaled through second reading.
*Youths and Women Training/Empowerment:*
1. 150 youths both male and female were trained on Phone and Computer Repairs and they were empowered with one IPad Computer, Kit-containing repair equipment and sum of twenty thousand Naira each.
2. 500 Women were trained on Soap and Detol making and they were empowered with sum of twenty thousand Naira each.
3. Another 500 sets of women were also trained on the Making of Vaseline, Air Freshener and other detergents and they were empowered with sum of twenty thousand Naira each
4. Another 40 sets of women from Ajaokuta LGA only were also trained on Soap and Detol Making and they were also empowered with sum of twenty thousand Naira each
To support the state government efforts in providing water for all and sundry, the senator also embarked on operation Let There Be Water. The following are water projects executed by the people-friendly senator:
1. Borehole drilled at Idogido, Otutu ward, Okene LGA
2. Borehole drilled at Central Market, Okene LGA
3. Borehole drilled at Usunwe Community in Okehi LGA
4. Borehole drilled at Ovakere Layout, Nagazi Uvete in Adavi LGA
5. Borehole drilled at Enyinare Community, Onyukoko Ward, Okene LGA
6. Borehole drilled at Ileteju Ward, Ogori Magongo LGA
7. Borehole drilled at Uruvochinomi Community
8. Borehole drilled at Anyoke Community in Adavi LGA
9. Borehole drilled at Agassa GRA in Okene LGA
10. Borehole repair and rehabilitation at Inike Community, Okene LGA.
Considering these gigantic inputs & effective leadership imprints, the accolade is given to *His Excellency, Governor Yahaya Adoza Bello* for providing a level playing ground for us during 2019 election which paved way for the election of this people-driven senator. As Senator Oseni marks his two years in office as a Senator, We pray that God continues to elevate him, and just as his first two years is fruitful, may the remaining half of the tenure be more fruitful.