Rt. Hon. Ahmed Mohammed is one the few mature minds in the Kogi State House of Assembly; he is a grass – root politician, who has good grip of his people. He has created a niche for himself among the rural dwellers, with whom he has all his life identified with. The legislator is well loved, respected and honoured by his people. He is a rare breed politician with unequalled pedigree, high level political relevance, highly disciplined, a great motivator and builder of men.
Rt. Hon.Ahmed Mohammed, a man of great destiny was born on the 14thAugust, 1978. He is a native of Abache in Ankpa Local Government Area of Kogi State. The young Ahmed imbibed the good virtues of hard work and tenacity of his parents who brought him up to be God fearing and to always render selfless service to mankind. Today Hon. Ahmed Mohammed is currently the Deputy Speaker of the Kogi State House of Assembly and a strong politician representing the good people of Ankpa 1 State Constituency in the House of Assembly. His educational career began at Air Force Primary School, Port-Harcourt from 1985 to 1991. He later proceeded to Igah Community College, Ikeje Okpoin Olamaboro Local Government of Kogi State. In his unquenchable desire for knowledge, he proceeded to Rivers State Polytechnic, Bori where he graduated in the department of Banking and Finance. Riding high on the back of his impressive academic performance while in school and his upright upbringing, Rt. Hon. Ahmed Mohammed quickly got his first job with the defunct Universal Trust Bank where he worked as an accountant. He went further to work for Akpos Marine Limited, Port-Harcourt as an accountant later in life he ventured into establishing his own company name Ahmedis Concern Limited, Port-Harcourt.
Rt. Hon. Mohammed sometimes in 2013 or thereabout ventured into politics when he was invited by his people to represent them in the Kogi State House of Assembly under the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) his former political party. He won convincingly but today is a proud member of All Progressives Congress (APC) the platform that returned him to the house for the second time in 2019.
The legislator is happily married with good children around him
HIS GREAT ATTRIBUTES
Honourable Mohammed has these uncommon attributes. He is a man with a humble beginning, a man whom you would like to meet personally, good looking, loving, a trusted friend, reliable and accommodating. His patriotism for his constituency, his unquenchable love for a disciplined life style, his insatiable appetite for challenges, his spirit of perseverance and endurance and his tenacity of purpose, all combined to make him a good leader and representative of his people.
He is incorruptible, always displaying skill, dexterity, brisk, competence and he is very humane. Hon. Ahmed Mohammed is a proven achiever with an irresistible charisma and a track record of leadership qualities, transparency,honest and accountability have made many people to see him as their true leader.
Rt. Hon. Mohammed is a unique personality who has a crystal – clear vision for his people. He knows their needs and he works hard to provide those needs even when it is not convenient. He is a bridge – builder. He has always vowed to extirpate ethnic jingoism in the state and he has friends across the country, not minding ethnic or religious difference.
Furthermore, Rt. Hon. Mohammed is a team player. He believes strongly in team – work.
He feels for the less-privileged in the society. He is well bothered with the current situation of youths and women in the country.
It is very important to state that this amiable legislator representing Ankpa1 is an individual who fears God. Despite his tight schedule, he anchors everything he does to God who has given him the knowledge, wisdom, strength and grace to carry on.
To many out there, Rt. Hon. Mohammed is a multi – talented distinguished Nigerian with the modest calling in helping people. Many Kogites also see him as very eloquent, brilliant social, courageous, affable, stupendous and prudent.
He is a man full of life, energy and focused the vast experience he has in resource management has aided him to bring the much desired progress and development to his constituency.
Finally on his attributes Rt. Hon. Ahmed Mohammed loves to inspire others to achieve greatness in life.
During his 2015 campaign tours of his constituency Rt. Hon. Ahmed Mohammed promised to provide effective representation for the people, create avenue to empower the youths, women sand artisans, encourage entrepreneurship, develop basic social amenities in Ankpa 1 state constituency. Furthermore, he promised to provide employment for graduates, create welfare facilities for the elderly persons and the widows.
Within the last five years as a legislator representing his people, Rt. Hon. Ahmed has achieved landmark successes in all fronts. He has been up and doing at all plenary sittings, constituency stakeholders meetings effective oversight activities as well as responding to the needs of his people.
Through his foundation, “Ahmed Mohammed foundation” Rt. Hon. Ahmed launched a skill acquisition and entrepreneurship scheme to train and empower youths and women in different skills such as tailoring, mechanic ICT/ Computer engineering first set of this programme graduated in 2017 the legislator has continually provide tools and money to start their own micro- businesses.
It is noteworthy to equally state that Rt. Hon. Ahmed invested seriously on water projects for his people drilled boreholes in Enarewo – Abache, Iyaya – Abache, Amoke, Ejinya –Ugbonobi, Emere Ate, Enelie, Emanyinwo, Acharane etc
Meek as a lamb but courageous as a lion in spirit, his consistent and excellent record continued to pave way for him. His uncommon achievements in politics, community development and his love for excellence and discipline endeared him to the populace. At the last count, Rt. Hon. Ahmed has given out several motor cars, scholarship, motorcycles, tricycles, essential drugs, sewing machines and cash to his constituents.
In recognition of his rare feats, the people of Ankpa 1 state constituency renewed his mandate to serve them beyond 2019, today he is enjoying second term in office courtesy of the good people of his constituency, and again, in recognition of his contributions to humanity, Rt. Hon. Ahmed has received many laurels from within and outside Kogi State.
SOME OF THE MOTIONS SO FAR SPONSORED BY RT. HON. AHMED
Rt. Hon. Ahmed Mohammed has so far demonstrated exceptionally well on the floor of the Kogi State House of Assembly by coming up with series of people oriented motions.
1. Motion calling on the state government to review the contract awarded for the construction of Ankpa township road.
2. Motion calling on the state government to direct ministry of water resources to tackle urgently the challenges of inadequate water supply in Ankpa L.G.A
3. Motion calling on the state government to urgently intervene in the high rate of insecurity in Kogi State.
4. Motion calling on the state government to rehabilitate, equip and ensure efficient functioning of vocational and technical colleges in Kogi State.
BRIEF REPORT ON CONSTITUENCY PROJECTS AND LEGISLATIVE PERFORMANCE OF RT. HON. AHMED MOHAMMED, DEPUTY SPEAKER, KOGI STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY AND MEMBER REPRESENTING ANKPA 1 CONSTITUENCY.
List of Motions Moved In The House So Far (2016 till date)
1. Matter of Urgent Publicly Importance Calling on the attention of the State Government to save the people of Ankpa LGA over erosion menace (2019)
2. Motion calling on the Federal Government of Nigeria to immediately direct the National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA) to begin dredging of the River Niger, and the dredging of 162KM Ajaokuta – Onitsha waterways. (2019)
3. Motion of urgent public importance: A call to the Federal Government of Nigeria to take serious action in reconstruction of Lokoja – Ajaokuta – Itobe road, and other deplorable Federal roads in Kogi State. (2019)
4. Motion calling on the state government to review the awarded Ankpa Township Road by the immediate past administration of Capt Idris Ichala Wada to be re-awarded
5. Motion calling on the state government to intervene in the high rate of insecurity in the state.
6. Motion calling on the state government to direct the ministry of water resources to tackle urgently the challenges of inadequate water supply in Ankpa local government area.
7. Motion calling on the state government to as a matter of urgency intervene in the operations of Ankpa Zonal Hospital and to make it functional.
8. Motion calling on the state government to rehabilitate, equip and ensure efficient functioning of vocational and Technical Colleges in Kogi State.
9. Motion calling on the state government to begin construction of Abache-Okenyi-Ojibogo-Ejinya Efofe-Aguyaya road in Ankpa Local Government Area
10. Motion: A call to “Action” to begin sensitization and immunization against Hepatitis C as it affects other states.
11. Motion calling on the state government to rehabilitate Community Grammar School, Opulega-Ankpa LGA.
BILLS SPONSORED IN THE HOUSE
1. A Bill for a law to Repeal and Re-Enact KOGI State College of Education Ankpa to Degree Awarding Institution and affiliate to Kogi State University and other matters connected, (2019)
2. A Bill for an act to provide for the establishment of Kogi State Erosion Control Prevention Commission (2019)
3. A bill to for a law to make provisions for the establishment of Celuke college of health and technology, Ojiapata.
4. A Bill for a law to establish Kogi state youths development commission and other matter connected there with 2017.
5. A Bill for a law to ensure full integration of people living with disability, eliminate all forms of discrimination and establish Kogi state disability commission to ensure their inclusion into the society 2018.
Aim: To make water accessible to about 45 communities or more in Ankpa 1 constituency. This project became necessary due to several requests by residents in some rural communities for lack of clean, portable drinking water. The project is ongoing and we are hoping to extend it to other communities. About 14 is completed, and commissioned while work is also, ongoing in other areas.
The lists of the communities are
ANKPA WARD 2
ANKPA WARD 1
ANGWA OKPAKPALA MOSQUE
ANKPA / TAIWO ROAD
ANKPA SUBURB 1
ANKPA SUBURB 2
REHABILITATION AND RETICULATION OF BOREHOLE FOR THE FOLLOWING COMMUNITIES;
REHABILITATION AND CONSTRUCTION OF SCHOOLS AND HEALTH CARE CENTRES:
1. OKENYI COMMUNITY SECONDARY SCHOOL
2. OGAJI PRIMARY HEALTH CARE CENTRE
3. COMMUNITY SECONDARY SCHOOL ABACHE-ANKPA LGA
4. COMMUNITY SECONDARY SCHOOL EMEKUTU-ANKPA LGA
1. Construction of borehole at Ankpa-Taiwo road
2. Rehabilitation of Ankpa-Ojede borehole.
3. Rehabilitation of Ankpa-Ejegbo borehole.
4. Completed water project at Ankpa-Oturkpo road
5. Completed water project at Ankpa-Angwa Ofoda
6. Completed water project at Ugolo-Ochinobi in Ankpa LGA
7. Completed water project at Angwa mission street, Ankpa LGA
8. Rehabilitation of Secondary School classrooms in Ugolo-Ochinobi, Ankpa.
9. Award of scholarship to students of secondary school up to university level.
Completion and commissioning of motorised borehole for five communities in Ankpa District namely;
1. Angwa Okpakpala Lona
2. Angwa Ofoda
3. Ankpa/Oturkpo Road
5. Ejinya Ugbonobi community
INTRODUCTION OF “AHMED MOHAMMED SKILL ACQUISITION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP SCHEME”
This has enrolled over 200 youths into various fields of their choices. The categories are;
Event management (Women)
Hair making/dressing, etc (Women) etc.
RT. Honorable Ahmed Mohammed also flag-off an education support project tagged “Back to school education support initiative” which targets primarily, the less privileged. Pupils, students who are passionate about education, but may have challenges financially. School uniforms, writing materials and scholarships were awarded to 5 students each, from about five schools in Ankpa LGA. He has also awarded scholarship to various students from primary, secondary, up to University level.
JUST RECENTLY, he make full payment to facilitate the registration, accreditation and approval of examination centre for Government Technical College Ankpa to start registration of students to sit for WAEC exams
Honourable Ahmed Mohammed has also, on numerous occasions visited the sick at different hospitals, cleared their medical bills, sponsored full surgical procedure of patients, also visited traditional homes where some sick persons were also receiving trado-medical attention and cleared their bills.
By Felix Udebu And Dele Olonilebi