1YRS IN OFFICE WITH ROBUST DEVELOPMENTAL SCORECARD
…By Comrade Suleiman Seidu
Rt. Hon. Ahmed Mohammed in humility has expressed strong determination in his desire to deviate from Legislative styles of his predecessors by empowering the youth and reducing unemployment which usually cause youth restiveness by providing jobs for our active but idle youths.
The employment projects which are designed in phases are to last throughout his tenure to buttress his DETERMINED DESIRE to introduce a NEW ORDER OF LEADERSHIP, which he tagged: “MORE OF THE PEOPLE, LESS OF ME “.
The emergence of Rt. Hon. Ahmed Mohammed as the Deputy Speaker has been described by many as a divine answer to the yearnings and aspirations of a man who is passionate about the effective and efficient management of their common wealth for the growth and development of the land
The journey so far in summary of some Constituency Project and Legislative Performance of Rt. Hon. Ahmed Mohammed, The Deputy Speaker Kogi State House of Assembly blueprint from 2016 till date
SOME OF THE MOTION MOVED IN THE HOUSE ARE AS FOLLOWS;
1. Motion calling on the State Government to review the Ankpa-Township Road by the immediate past Administration of Capt. Idris Wada to be re-award. This motion was fully followed up and today, issue of Ankpa township road is a forgotten issue.
2. Motion calling on the State Government to intervene in the high rate of insecurity in the State.
3. Motion calling on the State Government to direct the Ministry of Water Resources to tackle urgently the Challenge of inadequate Water Supply in Ankpa Local Area.
4. Motion calling on the State Government to as the matter of urgency intervene in the operation of Ankpa Zonal Hospital and to make it functional.
5. Motion calling on the State Government to rehabilitate, equipt and ensure efficient functioning of vocational and technical college in Kogi State.
6. Motion calling on the State Government to begin construction of Abache-Okenyi-Aguyaya-Ejinya Efofe-Okenyi-Ojibogo Road in Ankpa Local Government Area.
7. Motion: A call to action to begin sensitization and immunization against Hepatitis C as it has affect other State.
8. Motion calling on the State Government to rehabilitate Community Grammar School, Opulega Ankpa Local Government Area.
9. Motion calling on the State Government to declare Operation fix all the internal roads within the State.
10. A call on the Government to immediately direct the Ministry of Works, Min. Of Environment and Natura Resource to save the People of Ankpa Local Government Area from gully erosion disaster.
11. Motion calling on the Federal Government of Nigeria to take serious action in rehabilitation of Itobe-Ajeokuta-Lokoja Road and other deplorable Federal Road in Kogi State.
1. A bill for law to make provision for establishment of Celuke Health and Technology, Ojiapata-Ankpa Local Government Area (2017)
2. A bill to establish Kogi Youth Development Commission bill and other matter connected therewith (2017)
3. A bill to ensure law of full integration of people living with disability, eliminate all forms of descrimination to establish Kogi State Disability Commission to inclusion into the Society (2018)
4. Laying of a bill to establish Kogi State Erosion Control and Prevention Commission Bill (2019)
Rt. Hon. Ahmed Mohammed has it on record as the first state legislator to sponsor a private member bill and sign into law in the state.
Did you know Omā Onu-Ankpa had embark on OPERATION WATER FOR ALL aimed in making water accessible to 48 and more communities in Ankpa 1 State Constituency? This project has became necessary due to several requests in some communities for lack of clean, portable and drinking water.
List of some communities provided with water are as follows;
-Angwa Okpakpala Mosque
REHABILITATION AND CONSTRUCTION OF SCHOOLS AND HEALTH CARE CENTER.
1. Okenyi Community Secondary School Ankpa LGA
2. Ogaji Health Care Center Ankpa LGA
3. Community Secondary School Abache-Ankpa LGA
4. Community Secondary School Emekutu-Ankpa LGA
5. Ochinobi Primary School Ankpa LGA
COMPLETION AND COMMISSION OF MOTORIZED BOREHOLE FOR COMMUNITIES IN ANKPA DISTRICT NAMELY;
1. Ankpa Okpakpala Lona
2. Angwa Ofoda
3. Ankpa/Otukpo Road
5. Enjinya Ugbonobi Community.
INTRODUCTION OF RT. HON. AHMED MOHAMMED SKILLS ACQUISITION AND ENTERPRENURSHIP PROGRAM AND OPERATION BACK TO SCHOOL.
This has enrolled over 200 Youth to various field of choices, The category are:
-Event Management (Women)
-Hair making and dressing (Women) e.t.c
Rt. Hon. Ahmed Mohammed also flag off an educational support project tagged “Operation Back to School Support Initiative” which target primarily on the less privileged Pupils, Student who are passionate about education but may have challenged financially, school uniform, writing materials and schorlaship were awarded to 5 each from about fives Schools in Ankpa LGA.
He paid visit to numerous Hospitals in Ankpa LGA and off set their bill time without number, he warn vividly not to disclose this act of magnanimity but have to save it here, he also move a motion to the State Government to intervene and take one John Ndah from Okenyi to spinal surgical Hospital who was a victim of erosion menance in 2018 and The patient is doing perfectly well now.
INTRODUCTION OF OPERATION TAKE THE YOUTHS OFF THE STREET BY RT. HON. AHMED MOHAMMED.
RT. Hon. Ahmed Mohammed launches third phase of his Back to School Education Support Program with this year’s central focus on “Taking the youths off the street”. The program target youths who are passionate about education but could not afford the means. Most of them engage in street hawking, doing menial jobs thereby, putting themselves to negative environmental factors and influence of bad friends.
Street hawking has huge implications for physical and emotional well-being of youths. It exposes them to sexual abuse, physical exhaustion, vehicle accidents, death, malnourishment, drug and substance abuse and prostitution. Despite the emotional trauma and physical dangers they experience, little is being done to protect them or to discourage such practices.
Since a majority of the population still live in rural areas, the idea behind this project is to pick at least twenty five (25) people off the street and enrol them into different schools. The committee mandated to carry out this task have already hit the ground running.
February 3rd 2020, The Ankpa 1 legislator paid school fees to beneficiaries of his Scholarship who are students of Kogi State University, KOGI State Polytechnic and KSCOE Ankpa. He also supported hugely to Government Technical College Ankpa, which was used to process their documents with West African Examination Council – WAEC for an accredited exam centre. This, will enable students of GTC Ankpa sit for WAEC exams.
Other areas of support to his constituents include;
– payment of JAMB fees to about fifty (50) persons drawn from the five wards.
– Payment of WAEC/NECO to fifty (50) persons
THE DEPUTY SPEAKER ORGANIZED A QUIZ FOR SCIENCE STUDENT IN ALEKA ACADEMY ANKPA LGA.
The Science Quiz Competition organised for Students in Ankpa LGA at St. Charles College, was greeted by so many people who troop in to see the display of academic knowledge of our teeming youths in Ankpa LGA.
The competition was strongly contested among Ten (10) secondary schools viz; Comsaldocg’s College Ankpa, Aleka Academy Ankpa, Global College Ankpa, St Charles College Ankpa, Redeemer Secondary School Ankpa, Community Sec. School, Demonstration Sec School, Unity Comprehensive Sec school, Dynamic International Group of School, Ankpa LGA Special Day Sec. School, and Govt. Girls Sec. School Okaba. The Science subjects selected for the quiz programmes are Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
DONATION OF MOTORCYCLE;
-Donation of motorcycle to College Of Education Ankpa Student Union in other to ease their movement.
-Donation of motorcycle to fives district head in his Constituency on other to ease their plight.
-Donation of motorcycle to party faithful and lot more.
If Quintessential prowess representation is the major parameter for measuring the performance of a good leader, RT. Hon Ahmed Mohammed is by all impeccable and best.
While it will be difficult to accurately score him Judging by the landmark achievements that spread across his jurisdiction of representation, he remains unequivocally the best leader to have ever emerged from the constituency. RT. Hon. Ahmed Mohammed is no less a great political parsonage with an unrivaled pedigree among the equals in selflessness of service and equity representation.
To God be the Glory!!
Comrade Seidu Suleiman
SSA to the Deputy Speaker