(A BLUE PRINT TOWARDS THE DEVELOPMENT OF MOPAMURO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)
BY: OLOKE JESSE ABAYOMI (EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN ASPIRANT)
SERIES 1 : EDUCATION
GOVERNANCE is all about service delivery. It is a contract between the people and the leaders. Thomas Hobbes in his book , “social contract “, beliefs that without this social contract between the people, life was indeed, disorganized, in what he called, “nasty, brutish and shot “! It became survival of the fittest.
However, with the social contract entered into between the people to sacrifice some measure of their rights in exchange for security and well-being of human race , the issue of government and the governed came on board.
The key word therein for sacrificing our right to someone , we call leader, is to secure our well-being through provision of basic necessities of life. Like, education, food, healthy environment, security of lives and property etc.
However, in our society, the journey towards achieving these basic requirements are still far due primarily to corruption, lack of inner desire, accidental appointments with no prior knowledge of what is required from them, greediness or outright wickedness.
However, I, oloke Jesse Abayomi know too well what my people lacks over time. I have been part of them to learn, and I have an investment right in the heart of the LGA that had afforded me time and opportunities to study the community.
Abraham Lincoln once said “I learn and study to prepare myself, for my time will come “!
Therefore, I believe God for his appointed time to impact on my people.
Education remains one area that touches my heart, partly because I run an Amazing Academy in mopamuro which has been a great success, and I have come to realize how hungry we are for education, no wonder, it is a common sayings in mopamuro that “education is a great legacy “. We have produced many professors, Doctors, Generals and captains of industries. They all pass through the very popular various public school we see litter around us all dillapitated.
What went wrong with these schools?
1. Fall in standard of teachings in public school despite having qualified teachers
2. Lost of interest on the part of members of the community to sustain them
3. Our children just don’t go to school anymore!
If by the Grace of God, I become the chairman of mopamuro local government, I shall within the provisions of law, do the followings:
1. Re orientate our people on the need to go back to the days of yore when education comes first.
2. Introduce vocational training alongside the conventional education in order for each pupils or student graduate school with a vocation.
No doubt, the various schools are being run by the state government, but the receiving community can lay a foundation for what they need. As it was in the past, the local community build schools and government takes over. If we mobilise the community, the facilities can be donated by partnering individuals who believe in the vision while the LGA can establish pilot centres across the LGA.
In in what can be termed, counter response, we shall advice the state to stop building blocks of classes which in some schools are not needed. It has become common eye sore seeing knew block of classes not put into use. They all rot away while the facilities get carted away. Some of these blocks even have their roofs blown away. These are due to the fact that, the actual needs of this schools are not knew blocks but update the various academic facilities like study guides and materials. So this awareness must be relayed to the appropriate authority.
3. The local government, has two demonstration secondary schools, one in Ayedayo Oke, and the second one is at okeagi.
Additional one will be established by me at Ijagbe. It bleeds my heart seeing students trekking to ijowa or effo daily for their secondary education. There’s the need for one to be established there. And it shall be one of my priority by the Grace of God.
4. The misused structure at the secretariat of the LGA originally designed by the late wife of Hon Olu Ezekiel, late Mrs kehinde Ezekiel while her husband was the chairman and meant for women development center but completed by Chief Sunday Abayomi Pedro and had remained unused optimally will be converted to a Model Staff Daycare and nursery school.
It will not only give staff rest of mind of having their kids nearby, but create job opportunities to other applicants.
5. As the chairman of mopamuro local government area, I shall synergise with other political stalwarts to see how we can lobby back to the original place it was meant to be sited to, the kogi State College of education technical, which was diverted to kabba for political reasons. We can achieve this, if as we are praying presently that senator Adeyemi Smart should succeed together with His excellency, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, in getting the federal government approval for the establishment of the propose University of Agriculture and be sited in Kabba.
5. Primary six pupils have no business paying for their basic six and common entrance examination fee. The LGA shall do that under my leadership
6. Documented students from mopamuro in recognized higher institutions and colleges shall from time to time be given palliatives to ease the financial burden on their parents, while a scholarships scheme shall be established where deserving students shall be identified.
Where there is the will, there is a way. All the above must have wowed so many reading this, and one question that must have re-echoed in such people mind, is where will he get the money from? But may I answer with a question too? : where did people who did it in the past got the money from?
Remember, where there’s a will, there’s a way.
Era of retardation should be thrown away, and let’s do it the right way, and “THE TIME IS NOW”!
Oloke Jesse Abayomi is the person you need to redesign mopamuro local government area to our dream LGA.
LET’S DO IT BETTER.
IN SERIES 2, I SHALL GOD’S WILLING OPEN UP MY BLUE PRINT ON REVENUE GENERATION! PLEASE KEEP A DATE WITH ME!