THE MEMBER REPRESENTING ANKPA 1 STATE CONSTITUENCY AT KOGI STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY, HON AKUS LAWAL APPRECIATES GOVERNOR YAHAYA BELLO AND OTHER DIGNITARIES WHO ATTENDED THE CORONATION AND PRESENTATION OF STAFF OF OFFICE TO THE EJEH ANKA, HRH ALHAJI ABUBAKAR SADIQ AHMED YAKUBU
The Rt. Honourable Speaker,
1. You will recall that on the 15th August, 2016 the Ankpa Kingdom was thrown into mourning as a result of the demise of the Ejeh Anpka and Chairman, Anka Traditional Council, HRH Alhaji Dr Ahmodu Yakubu Adaji.
2. After the incidence of his death, the entire Anka traditional Council and Kingdom became missing in the comity of Royal Kingdoms and almost lost royalty completely.
3. The search for a worthy successor took a long, tortuous, but meticulous process adhering to all standard operating procedures.
4. The Rt Honourable Speaker and my Distinguished Colleagues, this search continued for six (6) years during which the palace Secretary held sway as nature abhors vacuum.
5. In 2021, the Executive Governor of Kogi State, His Excellency Yahaya Bello, found a trusted and worthy King in Prince Alhaji Abubakar Sadiq Ahmed Yakubu following his nomination by the Yakubu Adaji Royal dynasty and pronounced him the Ejeh Ankpa subsequently.
6. The governor, out of his quest for a better Kogi in general and Anka in particular, reposed his confidence in King Sadiq, who provided him with all the needed support to commence work as the new Ejeh of Ankpa.
7. The King who was eager to regain the lost glory of Anka Kingdom began his sojourn by uniting the Kingdom and proffering peaceful coexistence among Anka people, thereby paving the way for development.
8. This he continued until Saturday, October 7, 2023, when a very powerful state and national delegation, led by His Excellency Yahaya Bello, visited Anka for the coronation and presentation of Staff of Office to King Sadiq
9. Your Excellency, we are not unaware of your love and kind gestures towards Ankpa people. You have loved us so much that you have been with us throughout selection process and made sure king Sadiq emerged.
10. Whille being grateful to God for his favours upon us, we are also grateful to you, Your Excellency, for giving us a king that is widely accepted. We thank you for the choice of King Sadia. At least our Kingdom has witnessed an unprecedented coronation.
11. Your Excellency, we sincerely appreciate you and your cabinet members, particularly the Honorable Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Barr Salami Momodu Deedat Ozigi and all the relevant actors that made the historic event of the Coronation of King Sadiq a reality.
12. The entire Ankpa people and of course my humble self and my colleague from Ankpa 2 jointly send our gratitude to all the traditional rulers and the Executive Governor of Kastina State who attended the October 7 coronation and worthy of mention are; His Eminence, Alhaji Saad Abubakar II (Suktan of Sokoto); HRH. Dr. Mathew Alaji Opaluwa (ATAH IGALA); HRH. Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar (Etsu Nupe) Niger state; HRH. Alh. Dr. Najib Husseini Adem (Emir of Kazaure) Jigawa state; HRH. Dr. Shehu Shindu Yamusa (Emir of Keffi) Nasarawa state; HRH. Alhaji Ahmad Garba-Gunna (Emir of Kagara) Niger State; HRH. Alh. Mohammed kudu kawu (Emir of Lafiagi) kwara State; HRH. Alh. Isa Abubakar Umar II (Emir of Awe) Nasarawa state; HRH. Justice Sidi Baju (Emir of Lafia) Nasarawa State; HRH. Alh. Muhammadu Kudu Abubakar (Emir of Agaie) Niger state; HRH. Alh. Ibrahim Usman Jibril CON (Emir of Nasarawa); HRH. Alh. Abubakar Ahmed-Sabo (Emir of Loko) Nasarawa state; HRH. King Dr. Amb. Appolus Chu (The Oneh-eh Nshia) River State; HRH. Alhaji Umaru Ado Bayaro Yerima Kano (Representative of Emir of Kano); HRH. Alhaji Isah Mamman Okatahi (Ohi of Okene); HRH. Simon Ujah (Ejeh Okpo); HRH. Abdulrazaq Isah koto (Ohimege of koto); HRH. Alh. Akwu A. Obaje (Ejeh Ofu).
13. We also thank the Speaker of Kogi State House of Assembly, Rt Hon Umar Aliyu, Deputy Speaker, Rt Hon Enema Paul, Hon Halidu Usman Adejoh(Who was in Ankpa two nights before the coronation), Hon Umar Yahaya, Hon Bin-Ebaiya Shehu Tijani and Hon.Idrees Aliyu Maikudi who were present at that august event.
14. Please join us in praying for our new King and Kingdom as we are opened to all forms of progressive ideas aimed at building our great Kingdom.
15. Long live Kogi State, Long live Igala Kingdom, long live Ankpa and long live Ejeh Ankpa (Agaagwu)
16. Thank you, and God bless you